A man walks his Dalmatian in Highbury Park, Kings Heath.
Highbury Park is the estate of Highbury Hall which was created and developed by the Chamberlain family from 1879 to 1914.
The grounds of Highbury Hall were twenty five acres and were landscaped by Edward Milner. Field boundaries were removed to create thirteen acres of parkland, although trees were retained and additional trees were planted.
The gardens followed the changing fashions. A new rose garden was planted in 1890, a 'Dutch' gardern with beds of bulbs edged with terracotta tiles and paths, with a surrounding holly hedge 1901 and an 'Italian' garden in 1902.
By 1903, the grounds extended to over 100 acres, some leased from Richard Cadbury.
Josheph Chamberlain died in 1914. Most of the grounds became a public park in 1930.
Highbury Park has entrances on Alcester Road, Shutlock Lane and Moor Green Lane.